Wednesday 6 May 2020

Workbench Update The Deluge Poles, Cossack's and Other Goodies

I have been getting stuck into the new Deluge project with some reasonable results in turning painted figures around, I have also got a few other bits and pieces finished too.  Good work for me, I am still working so no time on my hands really as we are busy. The Basing department will be busy when we can finally see each other again.

This Hetman is one I have had for a while but fancied adding a photo of him just because I like him. Figure from The Assault Group.
Below are the latest figures for this project, mainly foot Cossacks with a small number of Pancerni too. A mixed bag of manufacturers and varying degrees of quality of figure.
A close up highlights the differences in quality of some of the figures, the centre chap with the Bardish axe is an Old Glory figure with a Kings Mountain head swap as the old one was just too ugly.  To be honest I was quite pleased with this face until I did the super close up, might not do that again. I have a few of these heads to mix in where needed. The chap to his right with the scalp lock is a surprisingly nice Redoubt figure.
This standard bearer is a Foundry retreat from Moscow Peasant with a pistol armed Assault group figure in front, again looks much nicer before close up honest!

The Pancerni are a mix too. From left to right are 2 Redoubt figures, TAG and Foundry. The 25mm Foundry figure mixing surprisingly well with the larger scales once on a comparable horse. Interesting to see if my Essex Pancerni will mix as well.
Like their riders the horses are from different suppliers, TAG to the left and Redoubt to the right. It will be interesting to see if the 2 Foundry horses work with the larger riders when I get around to them, they are nice horses, going to try something different with some patterns on the next lot of saddle blankets. The left hand figures sword snapped off in transit so I have swapped it for a hand with a pistol which I quite like, better than the original to be honest.
My other new project has not been entirely neglected, these three Flags of War Government musketeers of Barells regiment I am really pleased with. I have gone for a quite different red to usual, a richer less bright colour and brown campaign gaiters which  like.


Finally three Perry Afghans to use as Muslim Hill tribes in my Sikh Wars project. Some new colours here as I bought  a bunch of new paints from Colour Party including "Red Leather" which I used on the left hand turban and "Polish Crimson" on the other two sashes. The off yellow is sand, not used in this context before but I like it so will do again.
These guys will sit in a box for a while with a few of their comrades waiting for Perry and Wargames Atlantic to release the Plastic Afghans to mix with them. I plan to have quite a lot eventually as they are fantastic multi purpose Irregulars for many Indian conflicts.
That's it for now but more of each of these to follow soon I hope.

15 comments:

  1. Splendid figures, love the gorgeous and fierce looking cossacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, couple more then they can go off to the Basing department

      Delete
  2. All great work Roj. The foot cossacks will just look like an angry rabble. I have a soft spot for the Pancerni. Something about a man in chainmail lol. The conversion with the bloke firing a pistol is perfect. Love the colours on Brits and Afghans. Cheers, Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate it Chris, I wont tell Lizzie about the chainmail fetish.

      Delete
  3. Great work Roger. I do like the subdued red you've used on the Brits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, I am pleased with the effect, got 4 more on the painting table along with some more Pancerni and Cossacks.

      Delete
  4. Very fine work indeed Rodger!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Cossacks and love the mixing or ranges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it seems to be workign out so far and helping with how irregular they look.

      Delete
  6. The Old Glory Cossack foot have some odd poses and heads don't they? Mine are grouped randomly to hide some of the worst. I really like all that you have done and an thinking about creating Clive following those wargames Atlantic releases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clive sounds really interesting, I just ordered the Wargames Atlantic Afghans so hopefully have a couple of samples painted up in the near future

      Delete
  7. Very nice additions to your collections.

    ReplyDelete