Monday 8 July 2019

More Elizabethans off the workbench

The basing department has been up against it holdign down 4 jobs so no based units to share with you still, I have however had a flurry of activity with my Elizabethan Ireland project.

Very few Irish left to do but the English are far from finished.

Six pike first of all, the three at the back are the Graven Images figures, those at the front the Foundry Swashbucklers and Sea Dogs.
The Graven Images figures are fine chunky fellows clearly living well off the land, my avourite is the chapwith the statute cap. This si the last of the Graven Images apart from a couple of characters.
These next three Foundry figures are less beefy but fit reasonably well. I particularly like the chap on the right. About 10 more of these Foundry Pike to paint before I am anywhere near done.
The Calivermen are from TAG (The Assault Group) lovely figures, a bit small when compared to the other two ranges. Sold as Dutch Militia they are just fine for English skirmishers, although perhaps a little well dressed.
These last two are both Foundry, the drummer is a conquistador and the caliverman a Sea dog, For my purposes he is a raggedy English veteran stowing his shoes and socks in a sack of loot.  Thats pretty much it for the English shotte. When I get them all back I will perhaps do a  team photo.
Lastly a few more Irish. These are the last of the Foundry figures, only a batch of 4 Antideluvian Irish remain to be done, seperate post for this georgous batch later.
I went with green for the Cheiftain as the English had a lot of red so I htought it might work. Happy with the outcome. In both his case and the Gallowglass I went for very pale aketon suggesting a fairly new suite. The pipers saffron tunic is a bit darker than most, simply to add a little contrast. I do like these three chaps.
Gettign near to having enough for a game so watch this space.

Cheers for joining me for a little while. Great Northern War coming soon I promise!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, wonderful figures and scenery, this period is awesome...and the paint job perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Roj. What rules are you going to use for this period?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Andy I plan to try both Pikemans Lament and Sharp Practice variant, Sharply Buufed, see which works best.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Roj. I think you're overworking the basing dept and may have to bring it back inhouse
    Cheers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have offered Chris, she just wants a couple of weeks off at present.

      Delete