Wednesday 23 January 2019

Strange Contributor to Wargames Illustrated

Wargames illustrated popped through my letterbox yesterday, very interesting as it is themed around the inter war period which I am very interested it.
Some fantastic articles, Really interested to read the one on the Russo-Polish War 1919-20. The Sprue of WW2 British in shorts that comes free looks awesone I have to say, not sure about figures with no bases but I might just give these a go at some point, I have some part painted Japs for the Far East somewhere.
And then as I turn the pages I reach this page, ahhhhh whos this? OK complete self promoter its me, but first thing ever published so I am a bit giddy. The photography provided by WI really sets this article off, very pleased I have to say.

Just to be clear I am no expert this is meant as a bit of an introduction for wargamers not serious historians, I hope that comes across in the article.
Hope you enjoy the read people.

Back to gaming now, AAR for our Dark Age game this weekend shortly and a Great Northern War game tomorrow to also report on so watch this space.

8 comments:

  1. Don't they tell you in advance? Back in the day you used to get a complimentary copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the complmentary copy, sorry I was being dramatic!

      Delete
  2. I had no idea you could write (you sure as hell don't read - not wargames rules anyway). Well done Roj!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being published! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, first time, hopefully more to come.

      Delete
  4. I looked at it and didn't even read who had written it 😂 Sorry, do I need to send game invites to your agent now ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no hand written invites are fine Ken! Just pass them to the butler before you leave. He will bring them through ona silver tray

      Delete