Sunday 5 November 2017

First of the Irish

I have painted 4 new figures for Elizabethan Ireland. 3 Irish and an English swashbuckling gentleman.

Not 100% on the main colour for the Irish, I may try a slightly darker colour for the next lot.
The first figure is an English gent from the Foundry sea dogs range, I added a plastic buckler from the Wars of the Roses set as he looked like he neededsomethign in tha extended hand.
The next is the first of the Irish and one of the old Jim Bowen Irish Kern with Arquebus, I do like this guys, lots of character. I wonder if the safron is a bit pale and yellow?

This next figure has trews which I wanted to do in a simple tartan, it didnt come out quite as planned to be honest but looks OK.
The last figure is a Crusader Dark Age Irish Kern. This is where I wonder when the Irish stopped wearing trousers and no Tunic and swapped to tunic with no trousers. Now clearl they didnt at all, so whty do most dark age Irish ranges have bare chested blokes in trews and then from the medieval onwards its a tunic with no trews I wonder?
I will try a darker colour on the Irish next and possibly some of the Claymore figures see how they come out. I generally find that Pasul Hicks figures suit my style of painting so fingers crossed.

10 comments:

  1. like the look of the Enhlidh gent. nice idea adding the buckler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. photography is a bit off and not sure if they are too light but ok apart from that I think.

      Delete
  3. Very nice. Having sold off my Border Reivers last year I am in no rush to get into another period no matter how tempting you make this look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frustratingly having got all of these, I had a brain storm and started painting more Poles and Saxons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice figures and ecellent painting

    ReplyDelete