Wednesday 24 May 2017

Polish Pancerni

I have had photos of one of my latest units sat waiting for a while so I thought I would stick a post on before jetting of to Prague for a few days with the boys.


These are mainly redoubt figures, and whilst I am not usually a fan as they feel a little chunky to me these Pancerni are really very nice indeed and so are the horses. Mix in are also a couple of the lovely TAG figures.


I should point out that much of the photography was done whilst I was in Krakow (looking at original Pancerni armour) by my daughters boyfriend who shall henceforth be refered to as the photography department, he did a much better job than me, particularly the smoke/mist which is from his vape.









 I have not been particularly adventurous with the horse blankets, those I have seen in the museums being very fancy indeed, that said they were presents to kings and such like and potentially parade items rather than every day.


These gents have already seen action, fairly dismally it has to be said. Over two thirds of the Polish forces in the Great Northern War were Pancerni, currently I have just the two units.


More winged hussars to follow.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So good of you to say so twice Paul, LOL cheers mate

      Delete
  2. Seriously impressive, both the painting from the photography department! I'm also impressed That you can paint units you know generally will do badly.

    I'm not a guy that wants all guard units (in fact I much prefer regular guys to guards) but do I really want to paint 50 cavalry and 120 infantry when 8 out of 10 times not only will them not help much but might be a liability (many rules decide victory based on routed units) or simply having these units rout into my better units and disordering then) if 10 swedish units fight better then 10 swedish units and 5 polish units. Why should I paint then? At least until I have to gameable forces. To play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely and they were there, for the part of the war I want to concentrate on they are a must. Its like trying to do AWI but not wanting diodgy militia that runs away. Loved pasinting them and that makes up for everything Truls.

      Delete
    2. They are indeed lovely and awesome looking, no doubting that!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful work and delightful photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, have I now set the bar too high for the photography?

      Delete
  4. Nice effects - good skill, enjoyed thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Norm, just need to sort my photography our invite the photography department around for T more often

      Delete