Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Boers and Mounted Rifles

Quick update.

At present I am entirely unable to upload pictures to the blog, no idea why, probably user error, so until I do I have a last couple of painting updates then that's it until I an organised. Hopefully sorted soon.

So I managed to get a few more figures painted but have also been playing around with figures to try and organise Imperial Yeomanry

I decided that the lovely Great War British Cavalry would be a good fit for Imperial Yeomanry with a head swap. Closer inspection showed this might not be entirely as simple as hoped.

I realised I would need to replace the right arm with either an empty hand or a hand with a Lee Enfield. 

But then also the pack on the left hip is from the WW1 webbing and very different to the old fashioned knapsack they were carrying. Its pretty chunky too.

Invested in a mini mill, basicaly a sander, grinder for minis.

The original trooper at top and altered trooper at bottome with bush hat and rifle.
Here trooper with knapsack sanded down.
Here original with WW1 webbing pack. A shame but needs must I think.
I then cracked on with some more Boers, this time integrating some different colour palettes to add variety.
Despite my concerns the Old Glory Boer rider on a  Foundry horse looks very nice and will mix in. 
I have used a Grey blue palette for these 4 which I like a lot. All Empress. 
This chestnut red-brown also works well in moderation, again all Empress.
Lastly some Olive green mixed and grey brown trousers. Again I like the effect on these Empress figures.

Hoping to get some of the new 1st Corps figures finished next.

Watch this space, thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Great work Roger, some super additions to your project, they look the business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger! That Imperial Yeomanry conversion with the mini mill and head swap came out looking cracking.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice figures Roger, I think they could all pass for some Wild West action as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work love the little conversions.👍

    ReplyDelete